Mount Carmel Spiritual Centre
In 1875 Archbishop Lynch of Toronto offered the Carmelite priests and brothers the Shrine Parish of Our Lady of Peace at Niagara Falls along with its mission stations, as well as 100 acres of property on the edge of the Niagara Escarpment with the idea that the Carmelites would hopefully develop a retreat ministry at their monastery. By 1897 a hospice was opened to pilgrims with the revolutionary idea for its day that the laity, as well as clergy, would come to Mount Carmel for a spiritual retreat.
Today the Mount Carmel Spiritual Centre welcomes people of faith who seek spiritual growth and personal enrichment. A variety of workshops, retreats and conferences are sponsored for people of faith seeking an environment of silence and solitude in which to pray and reflect. As a conference centre, the Carmelites host various religious and educational groups who seek a beautiful setting in which to learn and to grow.
Click here for their official website www.carmelniagara.com
Distance from Greystone Manor: